google analytics

amazon

5/10/16

DIY Free Garden Picket Fence


   It's been so long since my last post. I've just been so busy with so many things lately. We have started a small farm in the back property that we have our camper on. We now have a handful of chickens, 2 geese, and a pig.(the farm animals were not planned but were brought to us and then we got more and it just sorta happened over night it seems.)
I got a late start on our garden but now that we got the spot filled up and planted the seeds two weeks ago everything is sprouting and growing quickly. I love growing vegetables from seed! It is always remarkable how fast they grow and I can't understand why everyone doesn't grow their own veggies when they can. It is so much easier than I had ever thought.
cut red 1st, turn over to cut blue, then angled and done

   My husband brought several pallets home that he found for use around the yard and to make a shelter for the geese and we had some extra. I've always wanted a picket fence and decided now would be a good time to make one for our garden. It was super easy with pallets because I just did a few cuts and didn't have to tear apart or reassemble anything and it came out perfectly. Especially for the price of free. I might paint it when I'm all done but I'm kinda liking the rustic look to it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment