google analytics

amazon

11/10/15

Downsizing to Live Small

  Today's topic is downsizing and organizing in preparation to move our family of 4 plus the pets into an RV full time. In about 3 weeks the kids and I will will finally be in Texas with my husband moving into our brand new RV. My husband is already there living in our cute itty bitty camper that I still plan to remodel and paint.
side note: if it isn't obvious I really like blogging with lots of pictures






Downsizing my junk
   
He just put the deposit down for our new camper that we will all live in hopefully for the next few years while we work on becoming debt free. The price of this unit was really reasonable plus the space seems great. Now for the hard part. I myself haven't been in this model because I am still in Idaho so all I have are the pictures from the website. I have packed up most of our stuff for storage and sold quite a bit of my furniture but I still have a ways to go. The last several houses we have rented were pretty big and the bigger the house the more stuff we obtained to fill up space. I know I can get by with much less, which is why we are even doing this. Right now it's all the drawers full of little things. I'm having a really hard time sorting through it all because I hate to get rid of it if I can use it again but will I? I mean how bad do I really need it? So for now I'm going to sort out all my drawer junk then move on to my next major dilemma of our clothes. As it is I have a hard time keeping my clothes neatly contained in a large closet so maybe downsizing and sorting into warm and cold weather clothes, keeping one in storage will help. Or I won't be able to reach my bed due to the clothes monster. Eh, we'll see.

   Here's some pictures below of our new RV. I'm going to have to get really creative with what little storage I will have compared to a sticks and bricks house but I'm excited to see what I can pull off with the help of my favorite store. IKEA.

My two biggest concerns at the moment are...
1) Where am I going to put a litter box for the cats?
2) Where can I place a tiny Christmas tree?
Mom & Dad's Bedroom

The girls bedroom complete with their own couch
Dining Area


Kitchen & Living

No comments:

Post a Comment